Terms & Conditions of Participation
(Last modified May 1, 2023)
These terms and conditions (the "Terms") govern Your registration for and participation in 2023 Energy Storage Canada Conference (the "Event") and are an agreement between Energy Storage Canada ("ESC," "we," "us," or "our") and You (the “Participant” or “Registered Attendee”). Registering to attend this Event acknowledges acceptance of these Terms and authorization that You are eligible to enter into these Terms. If You do not agree with any of the terms or conditions described herein, please do not register for the Event.
We reserve the right at all times to change, amend, add or remove any of the above terms without prior notice. If one or more of the conditions outlined in these Terms & Conditions should be or become invalid, the remaining conditions will continue to be valid and apply. These Terms & Conditions apply to all participants of this event, including attendees, speakers, sponsors, and exhibitors.
All prices are listed in Canadian dollars ($ CAD) and subject to HST. Registration is not considered valid until payment is received in full. All payments must be received prior to the start of the conference. Shared registration is not permitted.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Cancellation of any registrations must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and the following cancellation periods will apply:
- Until July 9, 2023- full refund, less $100 CAD administration fee.
- As of July 10 until August 7, 2023 - 50% refund.
- As of August 8, 2023 - Non-refundable.
Transfer of registration will be accepted at no additional cost up until August 8, 2023. Please note: Registrants who do not attend the Event and do not provide notice ("no-shows') will not receive any refund or credit.
Event Changes and Postponement
Energy Storage Canada reserves the right to make alterations to the Event program, venue, and timings at any point. Should it be found necessary, for whatever reason, that the Event be postponed or cancelled, ESC shall not be liable for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by the Registrant. In the unlikely scenario of the Event being canceled, a full refund will be made, and any liability by ESC will be limited to the amount of the fee paid by the Registrant.
For these reasons, registrants are advised against making non-refundable travel arrangements. Should you purchase non-refundable airline tickets or make non-refundable hotel reservations, you do so at your own risk.
For promotional purposes, photographic and video recordings may be taken during the Event. As a Registered Attendee, you agree to grant permission for us to use your likeness in a photograph or video in any and all of its publications and presentations, including website entries, without payment or any other consideration; to authorize us to alter, copy, exhibit, publish or distribute the photograph or video for purposes of publicizing future Events, programs or for any other lawful purpose; to waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written or electronic copy, wherein your likeness appears; that these materials will become the property of Energy Storage Canada.
We shall not be liable for any Exhibitor’s use of a photo/screenshots/video containing Participant images or for Exhibitor’s failure to obtain consent from Participants.
Energy Storage Canada is the sole owner of the information collected on our websites. This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We do not sell, share or rent this information to third parties or partners; unless clearly indicated. Your acceptance of the Terms of the Event implies Your consent that we may share certain personal information (Your first name, last name, title, organization, and email address) with the sponsors and exhibitors of the Event. You may withdraw Your consent at any time.
Health & Safety Policy
Energy Storage Canada adheres to applicable Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidelines and regulations and has implemented the following Health & Safety policy. We will continuously monitor local, provincial, and national guidelines and regulations. We are also working closely with our event partners to make sure that a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness is maintained at all times during the event. However, the World Health Organization has classified COVID-19 and its strains as a highly contagious and dangerous disease; ESC cannot eliminate the risk of You being exposed to or contracting COVID-19.
By attending the Event and/or participating in Event-related activities held by Energy Storage Canada, You agree to abide by applicable provincial, municipal regulations and the Event’s health & safety rules, and to conduct yourself in accordance with all provided instructions. This will include, but is not limited to:
- using the provincial Self-Assessment tool before attending the Event;
- refraining from coming to the Event, or leaving promptly, if you develop symptoms associated with COVID-19;
- following instructions on physical distancing and crowd circulation at the event to minimize contact, and observing good hand-washing and hygiene etiquette;
- wearing a mask if and when recommended by public health guidelines, such as situations where physical distancing may be difficult or impossible.
You also confirm that:
- you are not under quarantine requirements as imposed by the Provincial or a Municipal Health Authority;
- you have not shown any symptoms of a COVID-19 infection yourself, within 10 days of arrival at the conference; and
- you are following all public health recommended guidelines and limiting potential exposure to COVID-19.
By registering to attend this Event, You hereby acknowledge, understand and agree that:
- You are fully aware that Your physical appearance at the Event or any Event-related activities carries with it certain inherent risks related to infectious diseases or viruses, including but not limited to COVID-19 transmission ("Inherent Risks") that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid such risks. Inherent Risks may include, but are not limited to, (1) the risk of coming into close contact with individuals or objects that may be carrying COVID-19; (2) the risk of transmitting or contracting COVID-19, directly or indirectly, to or from other individuals; and (3) injuries and complications ranging in severity from minor to catastrophic, including death, resulting directly or indirectly from COVID-19 or the treatment thereof;
- You understand and accept that there is Inherent Risk from a failure of other participants not following proper COVID-19 protocols, such as maintaining proper social distancing and hygiene measures, and that the COVID-19 precautionary measures being employed by ESC as designed and implemented in accordance with applicable regulations may be insufficient to prevent the transmission or contraction of COVID-19 or similar viruses and suffering any related injuries;
- You acknowledge and assume full responsibility for Inherent Risks in any type of activity at the Event location(s). These risks include illness and infectious diseases (such as COVID-19 or similar viruses), property damage, serious bodily injury, and/or death, including any injury, harm and loss caused by the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the Released Parties.