IAA Council and Committee Meetings have been confirmed in Brussels, Belgium for the dates of May 4-8, 2022.
These meetings provide an opportunity for numerous groups to discuss ongoing projects and consider new developments. In bringing together actuaries and other experts from around the world, these meetings are key events for the international actuarial profession and the global financial industry to network and collaborate.
While we strongly encourage all participants to take part in-person and physically be in Brussels, a virtual option may be offered for some sessions for everyone to be able to attend, subject to availability.
These meetings are open to delegates and observers. Chairpersons of Committees may permit other individuals to attend and participate at Committee meetings, including staff members of Full Members and other non-actuaries. The Secretariat will communicate with non-delegates only if their attendance has been disallowed. In the absence of any notification to the contrary, please assume your attendance is permitted.
- Meetings: business casual
- Official Dinner: cocktail business
Travel & Testing
Registrants are advised against making non-refundable travel arrangements. Should you purchase non-refundable airline tickets or make non-refundable hotel reservations, you do so at your own risk.
We also strongly advise reviewing the current international travel restrictions (joinsherpa.com).
Transportation information from the Airport to the Hotel
IAA will not be arranging for any COVID testing during the meetings or for those who require a negative test result before departure. There are multiple options available locally.
- PACHECO - Boulevard Pacheco 42, 1000 Brussels (10 Min walk from the hotel). For more information, visit their website here.
- At the Brussels Airport: You can have a COVID-19 PCR or antigen test taken at one of the COVID-19 Test Centres, operated by Ecolog. The Test Centre for departing passengers is located just outside the Departures Hall. For more information, please visit the Brussels Airport Website here.
Alternative options for the city of Brussels can be viewed on their website here: https://brussels.testcovid.be/en/traveltest/.
Contact Person: Patricia Pearson, Meeting Manager
Desk location: 1st floor Foyer
- Tuesday, May 3 15:00 – 19:00
- Wednesday, May 4 07:00 - 18:30
- Thursday, May 5 07:00 - 18:30
- Friday, May 6 07:30 - 18:30
- Saturday, May 7 07:30 - 13:00
- Sunday, May 8 07:30 - 13:00